Are you in need of child care but limited on time? Our parent educators can email, fax, mail or provide you licensed/registered child care provider referrals over the phone. Once you contact Brightside Up, a parent educator will ask you some basic information regarding your child care needs, after the information is collected (all information remains confidential) the parent educator will get a provider listing together that meets your family’s needs.

Child care referrals are available 9:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday at 518 426-7181 or toll free at 1-800-521-KIDS(5437), online anytime, or by completing the referral form and submitting by email, fax, or regular mail (instructions are included on the form).

Quality Educational Information that you will receive:

  • Contact information to check the complaint history of a program

  • Referrals to New York State licensed/registered providers

  • Earned income tax credit

  • Financial assistance

  • Accredited child care information

  • Choosing the right care for your child

Referral Follow-Up

Within a month of receiving a child care referral, the parent educator will contact you to follow up on the referral process. The information you provide will enable us to improve the level of service and let us know if any changes are necessary. This follow up can be emailed to you in a link or sent by mail.

Financial Assistance

  • Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit: If you paid someone to care for a child or a dependent so you could work, you may be able to reduce your tax by claiming the credit on your tax return.

  • Earned Income Tax Credit: The Federal and State Earned Income Tax Credits are refundable tax benefits for working people with low or moderate incomes.

  • Department of Social Services Financial Aid: Working parents with incomes at or below certian guidelines may qualify for financial aid with their local county Department of Social Services.

  • The Child Care Facilitated Enrollment Program: Provides child care subsidies for working families in the Capital Region who earn too much to qualify through the local Department of Social Services.

  • Employer Programs: Additional help with child care costs may be available through your employer.

  • Additional Programs: Other types of assistance that may be available that are appropriate to the family.